When you start out in business, the last thing you want to spend my money on is legal stuff, even though it’s one of the most critical things you need to do to protect yourself.
Good legal documents are important for many different reasons. They:
- Build credibility
- Clearly outline your boundaries
- Describe how your business operates
- Articulate how you expect to be treated
- Minimise your risk
- Protect yourself and your clients
- Provide confidence to self-advocate
All of these are exceptionally powerful and amazing things yet so many small business owners either neglect creating business legals or copy legals from elsewhere online that don’t fully encapsulate the truly unique way easy business and business owner operates.
Recently I was interviewed by Sylvia Chierchia to talk about Legally Protecting Yourself In Business.
We covered topics like:
- How women in business aren’t placing enough time & importance on their legals
- Client agreements and how many people just seem to copy others in their industry
- Website legals and why they are so important to protect yourself
- The difference between using a template off the web vs getting website legals created specifically for you
- What the most important legal documents to invest in are if you’re just starting out and strapped for cash
Watch the interview below (30 minutes)