Do you have a Service Contract? Your own custom drafted service contract for YOUR coaching service?
Perhaps you offer some or all of these –
- Business coaching
- Mindset coaching
- Visibility coaching
- Health coaching
- Energetic therapies
- Holistic Health
- Massage therapy
- Nutritional coaching
- Coaching Packages
A contract is an agreement made between you and your client that is legally enforceable.
Contracts have terms and conditions which set out the rights and responsibilities of each party to the contract – and this sets the tone for your entire relationship. This is why it’s so important to get right from the outset. With so many different types of coaching and therapy services available, it would be easy for clients to misunderstand, or become confused about the expected outcomes, or delivery methods.
You can rely on a generic template (I offer some templates myself for start-up businesses or new practitioners who aren’t quite ready with their service but need something!) but a template is risky for an established and professional service. Coaching and Therapy are very specific industries, with some unique requirements –a custom drafted service contract or Coaching Agreement really is the Gold Standard.
Also known as a service agreement, a well drafted Coaching Agreement will:
- Cover your legal position for your service provision
- Communicate clear terms and conditions regarding payment and delivery to ensure you get paid on time, each time.
- Educate your client about how to do business with you, stating things like your hours of availability, deadlines, turnaround times, cancellation policies, scope of works
- Provide your client with information about your business processes and expectations so that disputes and unhappy clients are minimised, well managed and not disruptive if they do occur.
- Provide a platform for discussion and negotiation when issues arise (and they do!)
- Systemise your business offering, highlighting for you what is working and what needs improvement.
As a legal practitioner, I specialise in helping small businesses and solopreneurs like you.
I can draft a meaningful, relevant and legally robust Service Contract customised specifically for your coaching or therapy service, the way you run it and that speaks to the clients that you love to work with.
You can operate legally, responsibly and develop great relationships with your clients so they keep coming back. Your expert service keeps them healthy and happy, and your clear contract ensures expectations are met, and you are paid on time, every time.
My custom drafting service comes with extensive coaching around your current business processes, the legal framework you need to be operating in for your industry, and advice on any other legal or business issues you may have.
Disclaimer: This blog is written to support business owners to consider legal requirements and issues that may arise in business. The information provided is for general and educational purposes only. It is not intended as legal advice for your individual circumstances. Please consult your lawyer for advice specific to you and your business.